The aim of the 12-month St Vincent's Transitional Program is to equip the transition Registered Nurse with skills and confidence enabling them to demonstrate safe, efficient and effective nursing practice.
At St Vincent’s Hospital we are firmly committed to the delivery of innovative and evidence-based practice in a supportive learning environment. We are also passionate about providing a positive, challenging and enjoyable workplace that has lots to offer.
There are four intakes throughout the year:
Applications for a position at St Vincent’s hospital in the Transition Program are lodged through the NSW Ministry of Health.
Graduates indicating their preference for a position at St Vincent’s Hospital will be invited to undertake an interview conducted at St Vincent’s Hospital.
St Vincent’s Hospital offer general stream positions and dedicated stream positions.
The St Vincent’s Hospital Transition Program offers:
- A 5 day hospital, nursing transition program orientation program
- Extended ward orientation and supernumerary time
- Fortnightly Continuing Professional Development sessions
- Fortnightly Clinical Supervision/Debrief sessions with the Transition Program Nurse Educator
- Two full day study days
- Rotation in two clinical areas or within a dedicated stream
- Education and support from a dedicated full-time Nurse Educator
- After hours Clinical Nurse Educators provide education and guidance on evening shifts and the weekend.
- Clinical Nurse Educators in each area
- Preceptorship Model
- Frequent ward/unit based education
- Access to courses and skills development workshops facilitated by the Nursing Education & Development Centre
- Support and assistance with career planning and ongoing employment and education opportunities towards completion of the program
Transitional Program Nurse Educator